I would love to be able to disable right swipe like you could do in Apollo so you don’t up/downvote comments by mistake meaning it’s the gesture is solely used to go back.

• sauerkraus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Would be nice to have the option to have swipes navigate backward and forward too. I’ve been throwing out downvotes like candy lmao.

• ZyQo@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Awesome. Thank you for the link. I rarely use GitHub but will make sure to follow voyagers updates there

• GregorGizeh@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

There is also a release notes link next to each update, which I personally find more convenient

• basskitten@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

yes please, there also seems to be a bug in safari where if you accidentally start to swipe, even a tiny bit, it stops the rest of the page from scrolling.

• Lustucru@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Wow this is a bug reported in 2021 and Apple doesn’t seem to give a shit.

I keep coming back to Memmy because of this even though I prefer voyager UI. I thought I would wait the « freeze bugs » are solved by the developer but this is a lot worse, it can’t be fixed.

Not sure which app I’m going to use in the future…

• BitingChaos@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

It’ll get fixed in iOS 18.2 or something and every device running something older will simply be stuck forever with a broken Safari.

I use to report bugs in older versions of iOS that caused problems on my devices, and they would usually not get fixed until an entirely new version of iOS was released.

For example, the App Store in iOS 6 will crash 100% of the time when viewing your Purchase History if you have too many items. This was reported to Apple several times by different people. I believe it was fixed in iOS 7. Which was great for the iPhone 3GS that was forever stuck on iOS 6 and would never get the fix.

• ZyQo@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Oh damn. Haven’t noticed before. Just replicated it like 3 times. Annoying bug

• Rufio@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Oh my god yes, I only ever use this “feature” accidentally when trying to navigate backwards.

• Fluid@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yeh, the hitbox for upvoting is way to close the the left hand side of the screen. The hitbox for upvoting should be moved into the centre of the screen, with a larger hitbox for going back.

• ZyQo@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

How so? You don’t swipe from the left side of the screen to go back?

I don’t think I have ever used the back button. I don’t think it’s ergonomically placed at the top left of the screen

• TheRealCharlesEames@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I meant that I’d love to disable all swipe gestures so that all scrolling and backward navigation is flawless. And I simply don’t have a good enough memory to remember all the gestures these apps use.