what does this consist of? Well, it’s easy, whenever you install a new distribution of Linux, don’t customise anything, nothing please!! Out of the box experience, you may install software but that’s all. And if you are already using a customised distro, then delete the .config file and reboot, but please be careful and check your distribution wiki before doing that o.o

• KISSmyOS@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

What the hell is this challenge?
    Am I allowed to add my printer? What about setting up my screen resolution? If I scale the fonts to match, that’s dangerously close to “customization”. Can I switch to dark theme?
    I can install software, but what about shell extensions that are in my distro’s repository? That’s software, but also customization.

• 01adrianrdgz@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

all of that is yes!! You can change to dark mode only, you can set up resolution, what matters is keeping the distro brand wallpaper, colors, etc, intact!! It’s to keep it simple.

• KISSmyOS@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

Oh, it’s you again.
        Well then I’ve been doing your challenge on most of my systems for the past 15 years.
        I mostly just install Debian with Gnome, the programs I need, and then get on with my life.