I’d like a small group with strict/well-defined meeting times that has a coach/conversation-conductor to keep topics on track. I feel like it would work really well if advice was given/received by others with ADHD, while having a leader do stuff like

• make sure 1 person doesn’t dominate the conversation
  • keep meeting notes
  • call/text people who miss a meeting
  • follow up with people who said they were going to do something

But I’ve never really heard of such a system.

I’ve found at least two online services, but I don’t really know if they’re worth trying. I’m curious on your opinion and/or if any of you have tried something similar.

There’s “Study Hall” which I’m not sure is what I’m really looking for https://adult-study-hall-by-adhd-rewired.mn.co/sign_up?plan_id=230880

Then this site seems to have good coaching https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=37252231

• jubilationtcornpone@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I have not tried any of those services but a quick glance at each of them makes me very suspicious. I get the feeling I’m being sold something that I’ll find underwhelming at best.

What exactly are you looking for?

• jeffhykin@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

Yeah it looks like I didn’t do a good job explaining myself since I have so many comments looking for clarification.

I thought it would be easier for people to talk about a service/similar services, compared to me just describing something that might not even exist. Oh well, anyways, I edited the post to reflect what I actually was looking for but I’ll paste it here too:

I’d like a small group with strict/well-defined meeting times that has a coach/conversation-conductor to keep topics on track. I feel like it would work really well to give and receive real-time advice from others with ADHD, while having a leader do stuff like

• make sure 1 person doesn’t dominate the conversation
      • keep meeting notes
      • call/text people that miss a meeting
      • follow up with people who said they were going to do something

But I’ve never really heard of such a system.