• curiousaur@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

First off that’s a terrible profit for the work. But this brings up some interesting thoughts that I’ve pondered before.

Why were the people down to just buy this mystery pizza that showed up at their door? Is it just the convenience? So then why don’t taco trucks drive around playing music like ice cream trucks? I feel like folks would be all about that.

• prole@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

I imagine (this depends on the neighborhood, of course) many of them felt bad and probably at least gave him some money for a tip for making the drive, as it’s not the driver’s fault if someone fucked up an order.

• ericbomb@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

So I accidentally paid for pizza betore but I had reasons!

My sister and mom told me they were on the way home from a concert.

10 minutes later door knock. Pizza from our favorite pizza place, and our favorite pizza.

Thought “oh, they ordered pizza so could have dinner when they got home” and paid for pizza. Turns out they had wrong address and it was luck.

Turns out OP could have gotten me.

• Aggravationstation@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

So does anon also just have a bunch of pizza boxes ready to go or does he turn up at people’s homes with an unboxed and probably by now cold oven pizza?

Yea I often buy loose pizzas from people who knock at my door unsolicited. Mmmhmm, such a treat.

• Kraivo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Everyone knows anon is retarded single middle-aged men who is desperate for any sort of social interactions so they just play along cuz it’s not hurting anyone