• schroed4 [he/Him] @lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Depends on how far we’re talking here. 8pm bedtime? Reasonable. 4pm bedtime? Yeah no I’m not tiptoeing for you.

Similarly, 8am wakeup? Ok I’ll tiptoe if I can. Noon? Probably no.

• ZombieTheZombieCat@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

You shouldn’t disturb other people whether they’re asleep or awake. Buying a pair of slippers or flip flops for indoors and not slamming doors and cupboards isn’t exactly a monumental ask at any time of day.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I think that’s fair and true so long as both parties can talk about it and come to an agreement and understanding.

• Honytawk@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

8pm bedtime is not reasonable to us. In Belgium the law says we can make noise until 10 before neighbors are allowed to call the police.

So by your logic, I can keep shouting next to the place you try to sleep for an other 2 hours.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

I’m very confused by this statement. Does nobody in Belgium really go to bed before 10? If you knew your neighbor had to be up by 4am every day and had a child, and knew they had to go to bed by 8, would you not try to be nice if they were nice in kind?

• naeap@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Never worked nightshifts?
      The cleaning crew at the hotel on my last business trips are always extremely noisy. But I’ve just hit the bed after my shift, some breakfast and a beer.
      Would be nice to at least once get 6 full hours of sleep…

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I have not but I simpathise for you. I tried to word my reply to indicate that there were cases that didn’t follow my rule of thumb… Cases like yours it makes sense to wake up… Frankly whenever.