I’m messing around with obtainium and I like it so far. But mobile github is a bit of a pain to navigate. How do you find foss apps that aren’t on f-droid yet?

• 👁️👄👁️@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You mean like arm64? You shouldn’t run into that issue on fdroid, all modern androids support the same arm64 format, and the pixel 7 definitely does. So that shouldn’t be an issue, there is no other format it could possibly be installing that it’d be incompatible with. I’ve had that glitch sometimes with fdroid, I’d have to cancel the install of an app and close it and it’d usually work. Or an issue in fdroids end.

• OptimisticPrime@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah I had to lookup what I posted on reddit a while ago since I forgot the details.

So the problem was not fdroid, fdroid did not have the app at all. The problem was the izzyonfdroid repo which did not have the 64bit version and was not planning to.

Which in the end just leads me to using obtainium to get updates for this particular app. There were a couple like that. I can see them greyed out in droid-ify when scrolling, showing me I cannot install them, no version compatible with my device.