Lemmy: “that is a fair point”

Reddit: “you fucking moron”

• Darc@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

platform bias is real, folks. i’ve had lots of the lemmy F’s since i’ve been here.

• remotelove@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

I made the mistake of poking my head into /c/communism the other day. If you have a constructive opinion about something, speak up and join the chat over there! You will soon learn that you are a fascist baby killer as well, regardless of who you actually are.

It was a breath of fresh air, lemmie tell ya.

• Darc@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

Yep, that was one of the places. Well not /c/communism directly, more like /c/latestagecapitalism showed up on my feed, which is essentially the same thing. I responded to a post without looking at the community, saying (respectfully) that I thought a 70% tax is ridiculous for any demographic or socioeconomic status and I wondered how and why innovation happens in that kind of tax system, and I learned how many ways my family could die at their hands and how I’m the reason death and disease happen in the world. The mods removed the threats but I removed my comment to stop them from returning. I didn’t know it was the communism part 2 /c/.

What’s worse is THEIR threats were being upvoted by the community and my respectful original comment and replies were being downvoted like crazy. It wasn’t just the commenters - the voters were complicit. I had ZERO upvotes other than my own. There isn’t a decent human over there if you’re not a communist. They want to kill you. They told me, in lots of ways.

• nekat_emanresu@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

I find your words of the utmost distaste. Does your mothers tongue slosh around as vacuously as your own?