I am not sure if this will be my last post because I took the courage to do it or not and it will serve me as a reference of personal self-improvement for the future, but honestly all my life has been a shit since that I was born, and honestly it is not worth it to keep fighting, it is enough to see my history of posts to know that something is not right with me and that I am a person with anxiety and insecurity.

The problem that broke the camel’s back lies in as I have mentioned in past posts, I take care (or rather, have taken care) of my father who is a senior citizen who had me at the age of 66, a shitty age, I shouldn’t have even been born, I was born because my dad decided to get with the first whore he could find after his ex-wife died, who by the way, abandoned us shortly after I was born y disappeared. My father was always fine until this year, during this year his health has deteriorated considerably, and during this year alone I have had to take him to the hospital about 10 times, when he had not set foot in a hospital for years.

The problem I cannot escape is the following: My father has about 10 children, and I am the last and the only one of my mother, and the house I have lived in all my life has been the house that his ex-wife inherited when she died, and now that even the doctors themselves told me not to consider that he has much time left and that “I must be prepared” is the moment when my brothers, who never did anything for my father “started to worry about him” and who do not recognize me as a brother because I am the bastard son, although it is not my fault, and now they are taking all kinds of legal (like telling legal entities responsible for the elderly that I neglected my father) and judicial actions to kick me out of my own house, and it is because when my brothers found out about my father’s condition, they started fighting over the inheritance of the house and they don’t give a shit about leaving me on the street for the purpose of claiming the inheritance, when my father is not even dead and the biggest problem is that my father is not in a mental condition to take any action against them and possibly has not even realized all of this. My brothers are now fighting over who is going to take care of my father for the rest of his life just because they want to get in good with him so that he will give them the inheritance. And my brothers are now ready to take care of my father the day he gets out of the hospital, and they put me the ultimatum that I have to get out of the house or they will take legal action using my father as an excuse to get me out, I guess they want my father to forget me because he seems to have dementia.

I abandoned my university studies to take care of my father, and I have not been able to work either since he needs constant care and no one ever helped me to do it and I have no one to ask for help or to turn to, so I have hardly had a life, my life has always been basically my father. And now my brothers have a 100% intention to fulfill their ultimatum, if they fulfill it which I do not doubt they would, they will leave me at the age of 20 years old in the street without the possibility of doing anything, what the fuck am I supposed to do? I can’t even ask for help to anyone because apparently I (now that I’m +18) abandoned my father, and everyone thinks I’m the bad guy because that’s how my brothers make me look.

I tried to talk to them and told them that I have nowhere to go, and they don’t care, I told them that basically I will have to live on the streets and they replied “Aha, everybody has problems”, basically they don’t give a shit what happens to me, they only think about the inheritance.

After all this shit, after all this stress I have really thought about committing suicide, the only thing that I think is stopping me are my cats, I don’t want to abandon them but anyway what else is left for me since I won’t even have a place to live with them or take care of them?

Thanks for reading I guess, at the moment of writing this I really don’t know what to do but think of the worst. What is clear to me is that I don’t have much time to make a decision.

• honeybadger1417@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I’m sorry that your brothers are being terrible people. You sound like a good, caring person who isn’t anything like them. You’ve been a good son and a wonderful cat owner. I’m so glad you have your cats! They depend on you and you are their whole world. You can’t take care of them if you hurt yourself. If you do end up getting kicked out, do you have any friends you can stay with? I know things look really terrible right now, but maybe look at it this way: you say that you’ve hardly had a life and everything has always been about your father. Maybe all of this is an opportunity to start YOUR life, a life that you want to live. You can start living for yourself, now. Maybe that means living with friends for a little while, and it’s going to be a lot of hard work to get on your feet, but I think you can do it. I know I’m just an internet stranger, but you seem like a very strong and caring person, and I’m rooting for you.