• rebelsimile@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Some apartments have outlets in them, this is a simple solution for those people. Not every solution will solve every problem for every person. Only a moron would expect that.

• cantsurf@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Haha. Alright, bud. All those people with the simple solution of parking in their living room will be so pleased.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

Yeah no one parks in a covered garage or in a parking structure, so it’d be impossible for those people, who live in apartments, to use this simple solution. And it would be impossible to ever get electricity to street parking. You’d have to put it on the sidewalk or something. Oh, I mean, in your living room, because I’m the moron here. Thanks for the great discussion, genius.

• cantsurf@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

I’m loving your solutions. Do you know what they call covered garages and parking structures with outlets and even your big brain idea of sidewalks with electrical outlets in them? They call those things INFRASTRUCTURE.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

You should be loving the fact that this simple solution exists instead of being a random asshole cynic about it, yeah. The infrastructure is in place already for a lot of people to use this as a solution.

• cantsurf@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

My dude, the comment at the top of this thread is stating that there isn’t enough infrastructure to support most people buying electric cars. Sure, there’s some infrastructure for some people to be able to charge their cars but its a significant barrier for many and an impediment to widespread adoption, causing a decrease in demand. You know, relevant information regarding the original post.

“But some people can charge their cars” is irrelevant when so many can’t, because of infrastructure.

This word has lost all meaning for me. Infrastructure infrastructure

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 months ago

Ok you win the argument. Some people who live in apartments officially CANNOT charge their cars using a regular level 1 outlet because cantsurf cannot charge his car on the street.

Let it be known far and wide.

• cantsurf@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  7 months ago

You’re close, but you’ve still missed. My opinion (and I’m agreeing with the guy at the top of this thread) is that charging an electric car is impractical for such a large proportion of the population that it is slowing down electric vehicle adoption and that mass adoption is unlikely to occur until this infrastructure issue has been addressed.

And also that I can’t charge my car on the street.

link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    7 months ago

I didn’t miss your point, I dismissed it as irrelevant to what I was bringing up to the person I was responding to. Not everyone knows what “level 1 charging” means. I wanted to let them know it means a regular outlet. For whomever that applies, I hope they find it helpful. For whomever that does not apply, I hope the infrastructure continues to mature to help meet their needs, as it obviously will despite your cynicism.