• Rediphile@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

It’s the ‘arrested for celebrating’ part that we want a source for and I didn’t see any in this article about it. Just seems very odd Israel would admit such a thing, so if they did I want a solid source to share with others.

• Sparlock@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

You could literally use google and find lots of stories talking about it. Here is a snippet from just one.

THE ISRAELI GOVERNMENT narrative surrounding the Palestinian prisoners being released during this temporary ceasefire is both insidious and dishonest. Interior Minister Itamar Ben Gvir has banned Palestinians from celebrating their release. “My instructions are clear: there are to be no expressions of joy,” he said. “Expressions of joy are equivalent to backing terrorism, victory celebrations give backing to those human scum, for those Nazis.” He told Israeli police to deploy an “iron fist” to enforce his edict. https://theintercept.com/2023/11/26/palestine-israel-prisoners/

That is pretty fuckin clear.

• MartinXYZ@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

My instructions are clear: there are to be no expressions of joy,” he said. “Expressions of joy are equivalent to backing terrorism"

Wow. That is cartoonishly dystopian.

• Sparlock@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

Totally not channeling his inner Nazi… Yet there are still shitbags here twisting themselves in knots to defend everything Israel does.

• Sparlock@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

Ben Gvir is a special kind of evil, but unfortunately not so uncommon in the Israeli government.