Hello everyone,

I’m working my way through weapons I haven’t acquired yet wringing the Affinity from them for more MR… and predictably as I sought out weapons I thought I’d like what’s left is either hard to get or not my style.

I’ve got one such not my style weapon now, Burston Prime. I don’t really enjoy the space M16 so I figure I’ll look up a build, slap it on, and slog through Onslaught to 30… I go to Overframe because it’s the only place I know for builds and immediately see my problem. To the best of my knowledge I can’t search by Forma count and it seems mostly enthusiasts of the weapon who make builds for it… so people who’d see no problem using Forma on it.

I didn’t like the standard Burston and still don’t like the primed verson. I’m not going to say it’s a bad weapon but I don’t want to spend Forma or a Catalyst on something I’m not going to enjoy even if it shredded everything I pointed it at.

• Convict45@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

If you’re just leveling something with no catalyst, the build is going to be very basic. Damage, crit or status mods or both, maybe Hunter Munitions and you’re done.

But here’s a sort of a flowchart:

Start with Serration/Hornet Strike/Pressure Point (handy to have one ranked to your mastery level, if your mastery level is lower than a fully ranked one of these.)

Is it a Grenade weapon? If not put on multishot mods. Maybe even if it is.

Does it have good base crit and an auto triggger? Put on Point Strike

Does it have good base crit and a semi/burst trigger? Put on Critical Delay or similar

Does it have high base status? Put on Rifle aptitude and or 60/60 mods for the faction you’re going to fight.

Does it slash a lot? Put on Viral instead of faction damage, but only if there’s decent status.Make sure viral is LOWER than total slash.

This is mostly about primaries. Pistols almost all want Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion and Lethal torrent before anything else.

Got room left over? Add Heat. Or if it’s a crit weapon, crit damage.

• TheZemor@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

There’s no point on “cheap builds”, if you dont want to invest into a weapon and its not a recipe for anything just throw it away after lvling to 30 and look for sth you’ll want, at mr 16 you should have access to everything

• TelosBoltor@dormi.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Cheap builds are fine, i have cleared almost all of steel path on 0 adapter and 0 forma warframes. and a fair bit of my best weapons have 0 forma or adapters either. That said the potato is a must have.

• TelosBoltor@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Ignoring everyone else here, using auger mods for warframes and 60/60 mods for weapons will keep your forma count quite low. Also using frame and weapons with innate polarity helps, prime frames and weapons often have like 3 innate.

That said if its MR fodder just level and dont look back.

• _N_@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The problem is, most stuff doesn’t work that well unless you can put a proper build on it, so you need at least a catalyst.

You can sort by forma count on overframe.gg, but the lowest forma counts for the prime have 2 forma - it doesn’t help that the Burston Prime only has one polarity by default.

But if you’re just going to level it to 30 and forget about it, then your best option is to go with other players and let them level your weapon with shared affinity.

Btw, Burston Prime got a massive update with Duviri, but you’ll need Steel Path to unlock that (Incarnon Genesis). I didn’t like it before and now it’s one of my favorites.

• senrath@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You actually can search Overframe by Forma count. When you’re on an item’s page, click the “Rating” and change it to “Forma Count (Ascending)”.