Either with “folders” before the community name or assigning tags to the community. In either case it would be determined by the community creator.

• Pbody@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I was commenting on another post about a “multi-rexxit” type of thing for grouping similar communities together that would work quite well.

• Hypersapien@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m not sure a collection that one person is in charge of maintaining is the best way to go. Communities organizing themselves into some kind of structure seems more in keeping with the spirit of the fediverse.

• Pbody@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I couldn’t agree more. My point wasn’t super clear upon read through. I meant users can create their own groups to organize things for themselves. I guess they can share these collections of the want is there but it’s mostly just an organizational thing per user in my mind. Like multireddits if you’ve ever used them.

• Pbody@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

I like the idea of that. So basically it’s be a community driven tag system with local user customization to further narrow down your tagged sections?

• Pbody@sh.itjust.works
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

That could also be a feature of any apps that get made as well. This could be the easiest route for the user customization side.