Im curious as I usually use the site very occasionally to get certain electronic parts or order from PCBway like I just picked up some cheap but infinitely better than stock gps antennas for my LoRa T beams and im about to get a set of also still cheap but much better than stock 915mhz antennas but i kinda wanna throw some other projects or weird thing in the cart with it. It doesent have to be hobby electronics with soldering and all that but bonus points if it is.

• zatanas@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I am intrigued. Any more info about what to look for on AE regarding mechanical keyboards?

• wjrii@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

A pretty large portion of the kits, components, and pre-built boards are from “obscure” Chinese companies already, so much of what you’d want is just sort of… there. As a single example, get a GMK67 for $35, 70 Milky Yellow switches (if you’re into linears. I am not.) for $20, and maybe a YMDK set of keycaps for $30-$50, and you’ve got a very presentable budget build under a hundred bucks. If you go hunting, you can probably find stuff you’d like just as much for even cheaper.