California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) took a swipe at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s ® standing in the GOP presidential primary during a debate Thursday on Fox News.

“This is just a reminder…It’s a question some people are probably asking — I know Nikki Haley’s campaign is asking: When are you going to drop out and at least give Nikki Haley a shot to take down Donald Trump in this nomination,” Newsom said. “She laid you out.”

“You wish,” DeSantis shot back.

• ZeroCool@feddit.ch
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

It may have been a pointless debate but I thoroughly enjoyed this burn from Newsom; "The one thing we have in common is neither of us will be our party’s nominee in 2024.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

I read a couple of articles about it and the only thing that I really found amusing was Hannity getting so frustrated that they were both ignoring him that he said, “I’m not a potted plant here!”

• themeatbridge@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            7 months ago

See, this is why we need to present both sides in a fair and balanced debate of ideas. Is Sean Hannity a potted plant? Some say he’s more of a slimy sea creature like a slug or sea cucumber. Did you know that the sea cucumber will expell its intestines as a defense mechanism? Hannity has so far not commented on the status of his intestines, whether he’s ever expelled them out of fear or even for his own sexual pleasure. I know that’s a graphic, salacious thought, but it’s our responsibility as journalists to present the facts to you and let you draw your own conclusions.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              7 months ago

You make a lot of valid points. I wish to argue against the potted plant claim because potted plants are generally wanted and cared for from the moment they sprout and Hannity was almost certainly not.

• themeatbridge@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 months ago

You, friend, have not been to my sunroom. It’s like the prequel to Little Shop of Horrors where we find out why Audrey II hates people so much.