• Onfire@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Lemmy is even worse than than Reddit when it comes to sharing a different opinion. Don’t even try that here. I also do agree Trump will get elected again mainly because the left continues to silence the right. So instead of communication, people from the left have no issues doing whatever it takes to silence voices they dont like. And they call it free speech lmao. This is why I left Democrat and became a Republican. Though last time I refused to vote for Trump, this time I will. Cause the yinyang is broken. We need a balance.

• fosforus@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      7 months ago

Lemmy is even worse than than Reddit when it comes to sharing a different opinion.

No, it’s better in at least one way, at least for now. On Lemmy, there’s no such thing as ban evasion. If you hurt a mod’s feelings on Lemmy, you might get banned from your current account. But you can make a new account (possibly on the very same instance, but at least on another), and go on, hopefully with more strategically thought out commenting.

On Reddit, if you get a strong enough ban from a sub, it follows you everywhere. Their ban evasion algorithms are pretty good. For instance, I got a ban from r/libertarian (imagine that, yea? I think I criticized a pro-Trump article or something a bit too harshly). I try sometimes to get back there with new accounts, from new IP addresses and new email addresses, but the system detects me every time. Perhaps some fingerprinting that I’m too dumb or unmotivated to properly evade.

On Lemmy, most you get is people bitching at you and downvotes. You can block the people and you can hide the scores.