In this version:

• Migrated the backend from WebSockets to HTTP
  • Removed some intentional crashes, so it should be crashing much less now (hopefully)
  • Did some slight optimizations to make the networking work faster. Most notable posting comments and creating posts should be much faster now
  • Disgusted_Tadpole@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Thank you for working on this. It’s really precious for all of us.

We will watch your career with great interest.

• perketel@lemmy.dangilbert.eu
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Minor bug (worth logging on github?) the time differences (e.g 2hr on a post) for posts and comments seem to be using UTC, so I’m seeing this post as having been created 2 hours ago when it was actually posted 15 mins ago (I’m currently in UTC+2)

• GuyDudeman@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Love the latest update! Feels much more solid! I also just discovered that you can type in at the top for specific communities! That’s awesome! Is there any way to make it look more like a search bar or make the cursor blink or something?

• miz_nocturnal@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Will a search feature be available? Search communities both local and federated, posts and comments? As well as a list of subscribed communities? Thanks for the great work so far!

• lFenix@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Searching for communities is already in, searching for other things is in the pipeline.

As for subscribed communities, do you have anything other than the “Subscribed” feed in mind?

• miz_nocturnal@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

How do I search for communities? EDIT: I found the search, I didn’t notice it when I tapped on “subscribed” up at the top previously. You should consider changing it from “Community” to “Search Communities” or the magnifying glass icon, or maybe add it as a dropdown option because it’s not apparent that it’s a search function. Thank you!

And I’d like to see a list of all the communities I’m subscribed to so I can go into each one individually. I see that there are favorite communities on mlem but I think having to go back through and favorite communities i’m already subscribed to is just an extra step.