• Pleb@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Alright, could use some milk too.

7 never clicked for me at all. Never had the patience to play through it. 8 definitely was severly underrated, but I think I’m seeing a lot more appreciation for it lately.

• Kushan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Can we stop by M&S as well? They do some nice cookies.

Yeah, 8 is definitely getting more love and appreciation these days. 7 did a lot of cool things, but it also did a lot of terrible things. I’ve played the first 20 hours of 7 many, many times but never actually completed it more than a few times. 8 always brings me back.

• Pleb@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

M&S

Had to google what that is, isn’t that a clothing cchai? I doubt they have cookies.

I never completed 7, I don’t think I ever made it through the first disc. My sister played through it. 8 and 9 I simply loved to play. And even nowadays, while I don’t have the old games anymore, I like to watch content for 8 and 9, but I can’t stand watching 7 at all. As I said, it never clicked for me, I can’t stand it.

• Kushan@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

They do have a clothing range, but they also have a slightly upmarket store and have some particularly nice biscuits. My favourites are the Dark Chocolate and Lime jaffa cakes, which I know aren’t technically biscuits but all the same they’re delicious.

I think it’s completely fair to say that the writing got a lot better in 8 and 9 than 7 had. 7 was janky all over the place, which I guess is part of its charm but 8 definitely felt a bit more grown up. Though for me, 9 was quite forgettable in that regard, but perhaps that’s because it has been a couple of decades since I last actually tried it.

• Pleb@feddit.de
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

What I like about 9 is that it starts of as just a whimiscal adventure. And they severly cut back on the edgy writing, that’s a huge plus in my book too.

Also, I just love the character design, Vivi (the black mage) in particular.