saw this comment on veritasium’s latest video titled the SAT question everyone got wrong.

it’s a nice video regarding rotation and revolution.

image transcription:

a comment below the aforementioned video by @arielrglaze reads , “It’s messed up how messed up math has made us ignore what’s obvious to the naked eye. it’s even more messed up that we can’t trust our eyes with anything.”

• @MuhammadJesusGaySex@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    85 months ago

I also find it “messed up” that we can’t trust our eyes. For instance, I just pushed that play button like 6 times before realizing it’s a picture. I just kept zooming in and out. Im on mobile, and thought my phone had shit the bed.

• @lemmesayOP
      link
      English
      25 months ago

sorry lmao. didn’t realise it could trick people.

• @MuhammadJesusGaySex@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        edit-2
        5 months ago

Heh, nah, you’re good. I think it says more about my lack of observation skills than it does about your post etiquette. I just thought it was a funny coincidence.

You have a good weekend!

• @glimse@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Did that dude even watch the video? Steve talks about how it’s obvious to our eyes but the students had to prove it with math to fight the mark

• @lemmesayOP
      link
      English
      25 months ago

Steve? you probably meant Doug.
      But yeah, to me, maths(coupled with history behind the concept in question) often aids in creating an intuition.
      maths allow me to understand what my primitive senses can’t comprehend. it’s an extension to my eyes, I’d say.