“This ‘groundbreaking’ AI proposal that they gave us yesterday, they proposed that our background performers should be able to be scanned, get one day’s pay, and their companies should own that scan, their image, their likeness and should be able to use it for the rest of eternity on any project they want, with no consent and no compensation. So if you think that’s a groundbreaking proposal, I suggest you think again.”

• dudebro@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 年前

Anyone who makes more wealth than average gets no sympathy from me when complaining about money.

However, anyone has the ‘right’ to complain about anything. It’s called freedom of speech.

• dudebro@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            1 年前

Yep. They get no sympathy from me when the vast majority of people in the world still have less.

Once they make more money, prices go up and the children in Africa continue to starve.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 年前

So basically less than one percent of Americans should be unhappy about what they’re being paid. They could live in a shack with no running water, but because they’re worth $9000, they have no right to complain.

That’s really what you think?

• dudebro@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                1 年前

Yep. They should understand that they still have more wealth than the vast majority of people ever to walk to Earth. Not many Americans are in that position though. The problem is that $9k “isn’t a lot” in the US because most of our money is being siphoned by those richer than us.

If we reduced the disparity in wealth, $9k could be a lot.

It’s important we help out those at the bottom, not those towards the top. Even below “America’s” poverty line, you’re still globally more wealthy than most people can ever hope to be. As soon as you make more money, prices get up so the world’s poorest continue to stagnate. This is why inflation is a good thing for the ruling class.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  1 年前

If I’m worth $9000, I am at the bottom. And I’m living like the people in third world countries. You sound like you’re coming from a very privileged position and do not know what poverty in America is like. There are children literally starving in this country because their parents can’t afford to feed them enough, even with food assistance. And then there’s healthcare. Good luck if you have a long-term or chronic illness in America. In plenty of third-world countries, they still have socialized medicine.

But if you’re worth $9000 in America and you have cancer, you have no right to complain. Just die. This is your logic.

• dudebro@lemmy.world
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    edit-2
                    1 年前

Poverty in America is nothing compared to poverty in Africa, or most parts of the world.

Ironic how you say I’m the one speaking from a position of privilege.

On the children starving in the US, it’s usually because parents are struggling to pay rent. Rent goes up when they make more money. The system is designed to keep people barely alive so they’re in no position to change it. Just work and pay bills till you literally can’t do it anymore.

I think the US should have universal healthcare, so I’m not sure what your point on cancer is.

I’m not going to argue the person worth $9k in the US should make more money just so it can be funneled to landlords and executives. I’m going to argue landlords and executives should be making less profit so those with less money can be catered to as well. The only way they’ll make less if they’re forced to, and that involves spreading out away from the most expensive places to live. Not “making more money.” All the latter does is drive up inflation, which is what we’re seeing now.