• Devi@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

You are being drawn in by Israeli propaganda. Look at more balanced news sources, or just a wider range. The ‘human shield’ myth is particularly awful as it’s being used to defend murdering innocent people.

• Dr Cog@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I’m not. I’m old, and have been following this conflict for decades. Hamas very often targets innocent Israelis in their attacks, and hides behind innocent Palestinians to make it difficult for Israel to target them. You can argue about whether it is justifiable or not that they do this, but there are many, many sources that they do.

• Devi@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I’m also old and have been following this conflict for decades but apparently more balanced sources.

Israel claimed that they were targeting Hamas at Al-Shifa but they positioned snipers who shot doctors and nurses through the windows. If you’re being forced to attack a hospital full of innocent civilians then you would be trying to avoid the innocent civilians, but that’s not what it’s about here.

Same as taking swathes of land since WW2, they are occupying massive areas that they were never given. They’re not ignorant, they know exactly what they’re doing.