Went to buy a calendar and fuck me, several of them had a “drawn by AI” marking on. Some banal scenery like shores/mountains slapped together by algorithm. Didn’t give it a thorough look after I noticed the warning, just tossed them aside. But I’m afraid next year half of calendars will be shit like this.

• Flyberius [comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

I do not like yucking someone else’s yum, but there is a certain instance we are federated with a com for posting AI art and I honestly think it is all meaningless shit. Every day, loads of these AI generated images. They are all shallow. Some of them are objectively impressive images, and in those cases it is hard to fault the quality of the image itself, but just knowing that it is AI generated sucks all the meaning out of it.

I have failed the double blind test and been unable to differentiate AI images from human created images (although I strongly suspect the images chosen for the test were specifically chosen to really blur the line), but I can’t help but notice uncanny similarities between AI images. Stuff that is hard to articulate but that your lizard brain is telling you.