• Sewot@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

These changes look very promising, especially the comment collapsing change. Keep up the good work, all contributors!

• Dessalines@lemmy.mlOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Its been a stressful week for us lemmy devs, but I can say that getting more contributors to jerboa and lemmy-ui have been hugely helpful. Between lemmy and my other projects, I haven’t been able to dedicate the time jerboa deserves, so I’m really grateful.

• Dessalines@lemmy.mlOPM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Thanks! I wrote it because I also became convinced, that having a decent mobile app was severely limiting our potential.

• sukotai@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

i wrote an open-source software and i know how difficult it is to develop something for open-source ( no money, people complaining…) If you are short in money like me, Give encouragement is the minimum users can do

• Mac@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Hi there! Just want to say that i appreciate the work you are up to. The app (0.0.29) works well and I’m legitimately enjoying my time using it.

• a1studmuffin@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Now it’s in and I’m using it, I’m wondering if it would be better if tapping a comment would only collapse the children of that comment instead. This might prevent user frustration if they try and click a link in a comment but miss, so the comment closes instead.

• Sewot@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

This please, that would be just like my go to Reddit app, Relay, did it!

• a1studmuffin@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Yeah BaconReader does the same, I think it makes sense. I’ll try and fix that for the next release.

• awdsns@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

@a1studmuffin@lemmy.ml I know I have no right to ask this as I’m in no position to contribute myself atm, but please make it a long press or add on option to configure the behavior (like Boost). I already find myself fat-fingering the wrong UI action a lot, and this new collapsing behavior doesn’t help.

• a1studmuffin@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yeah after some discussion on GitHub this is the direction the app is headed in, and the next update should have some settings in this regard with Boost-like behaviour as a user option. We can add more options if the community are split on their preferences. The joy of open source!