• Trigger2_2000@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

I have a good friend that works with these nut cases daily.

I call them nut cases because about 70% of them keep taking about how they need to violate their oath to the US Constitution to (in their exclusive opinion) “protect the country for the deep state”.

The US government is way too stupid to either develop a “deep state” or keep it secret.

Conspiracy theories are rampant in the US military.

• Aleric@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

I think it’s a lack of critical thinking skills. They never stop to really analyze why things are the way they are. They just realize they don’t know, so they seek easy answers on the Internet or just start piecing convenient, if unrelated or nonsensical, points forget until it forms a loosely cohesive theory.

• joel_feila@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Well the deep state originally ment political momentum. Things deeply rooted into usa policies. Not a secret cabal government.

• banneryear1868@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

“Deep state” is like the administrative apparatus and institutions of government. In reality it’s pretty boring, but people in the US are generally losing trust in these institutions because there is a degrading of the social contract people are expecting under this system.

• morphballganon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

The US government is way too stupid to either develop a “deep state” or keep it secret.

I have heard of such an organization. I believe it’s called the Federalist Society.