• fediverser@alien.top
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

This post is an automated archive from a submission made on /r/selfhosted, powered by Fediverser software running on alien.top. Responses to this submission will not be seen by the original author until they claim ownership of their alien.top account. Please consider reaching out to them let them know about this post and help them migrate to Lemmy.

Lemmy users: you are still very much encouraged to participate in the discussion. There are still many other subscribers on !main@selfhosted.forum that can benefit from your contribution and join in the conversation.

Reddit users: you can also join the fediverse right away by getting by visiting https://portal.alien.top. If you are looking for a Reddit alternative made for and by an independent community, check out Fediverser.

• thekrautboy@alien.topB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Breaking Changes

Breaking: Rename the environment variable for self-signed email certificates @stumpylog (#4346)

Breaking: Drop support for Python 3.8 @stumpylog (#4156)

Breaking: Remove ARMv7 building of the Docker image @stumpylog (#3973)

Cannot wait for the Watchtower users to come crying…

• suddenlypenguins@alien.topB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Awesome, it’s nice software. Still no replace existing PDF feature or rotate feature though, which really kills it for me.

• -rwsr-xr-x@alien.topB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I only just started looking at paperless-ngx a few days ago at the recommendation of a colleague.

I have quite literally several thousand scans of documents, hundreds of other random documents going back ~30+ years and have a battery-bank powered ScanSnap S1300i I use to keep everything topped off. These all live in a ZFS snapshot’d NAS. I was a long-time user of NeatDesk and their desktop scanner and proprietary software back in the day, until they decided to burn themselves to the ground with poor decisions.

I started testing ngx late last week, and while it looks interesting, it still has at least a few blind spots (which I intend to try to PR/help fix), including lack of rendering of some pretty common file formats. A simple pandoc or similar transformation of Markdown for example, could be an easy fix (#3674 addresses this FR).

The lengthy list of feature requests is going to slow down delivery of some of these, but it would help if we could help the paperless-ngx community with testing, prioritization and coding/PRs where possible, to help accelerate these features.

It really does seem like one of the best self-hosted apps for what it does, but I suspect they’re going to get drowned by the backlog soon enough.

What are your most commonly needed features of paperless that aren’t in the main project yet? What would you add if you had the means?

• Darth_Agnon@alien.topB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Is Paperless NGX related to the defunct offline Windows/Mac program called Paperless? I’ve long wanted paperless software, but Paperless NG/X being a server application meant I couldn’t use it. Then I found that program, also called Paperless, and was wondering if it was related, as it looks and works more or less the same, but is offline and for end-user PCs rather than servers…