In the last 3 days I’ve been paying attention to r/all, expecting several posts about it and…

Yeah

Wasn’t expecting the website to literally shut down nor to monopolize r/all, because 3rd party users are the minority, but I hoped for more than whatever this was.

At least there’s a silver lining, I discovered new alternatives that have healthier communities

• zauri27@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You have to remember that the internet in general has short term memory but surprising good memory at other things. It was good to see people actually get together for a few days and see that there are still subreddits that stayed dark. I know people are still leaving after these apps start to close down as well.

It’s hard to fight EVERY corporation, but I feel like the amount of people that have been burned by Twitter will have that lingering thought in people’s mind with Reddit as well.

Only time will tell, but I hope that people continue to fight these greedy CEOs that think that they can literally get away with literally anything…