I’ve installed revanced just to make YouTube like some years ago and It’s amazing. No shorts, no community posts, no BS. However, I like ads to be played before videos so the creators would earn money. I’ve disabled all the ad options but still there are no ads. Is it even possible to enable ads?

• Cris@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Hey, if you ever find a solution to this I’d be interested to hear about it. I’ll be looking for a solution too, I’ll let you know if I figure anything out

• ehsan301OP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I still couldn’t find a solution. Still no ads no matter what I’ve patched in the revanced manager. There was an APK on the internet which claimed it has a whitelist feature which enables ads for the channels you select. But I haven’t tried it.

• Cris@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Thanks for letting me know. If I find a solution I’ll update you; I should probably go open an issue ticket on the github. I know the old vanced app had a whitelist function that worked just fine. I think vanced is still working so you could use that if it fits your need, but it will probably cease to function correctly at some point- no telling how long it’ll continue to work.

I’m kinda thinking I might try uninstalling the actual YouTube app and seeing if not including the client spoofing and video advertising patches yeilds anything productive. I really like the newpipe app, but it doesn’t have video ads and I’d like to still be able to support creators

• ehsan301OP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

No I didn’t spoof the app version. I’ve patched 18.23.35