Have you been spending hours trying to pass a level? Or maybe you are completely addicted to a newly bought game. Do you have a question about a game or would like to share something else? In the Weekly Discussion Thread, you can do it all!

Please don’t forget to use the spoiler tag as soon as you start talking about a storyline.

• Nurse_Robot@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I’ve been really into Pokemon Unbound (Fire Red ROM hack) recently, once I beat it I think I’m going to play around with the settings and play it again. It’s amazing having a Pokemon game that isn’t baby easy, and I love that I don’t have to impose rules on myself to make it harder. It’s really opened my eyes to ROM hacks, I think I’ll be playing more next year

• Taako_Tuesday@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Also a fan of Unbound! My last run I tried whatever setting it is that makes it so that all fully evolved pokemon have the same stat totals, which really made the game feel different and like I actually had options for building a team. Although I still found myself thinking “oh I can’t put butterfree on my team, it’s too weak”

My favorite hack is Gaia, it doesn’t have as many features as Unbound but it’s got the right vibes for a pokemon game while still having increased difficulty and QOL stuff.