• Dandroid@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I have noticed this so much today. I pretty much lived in r/hockey for the past 5 years. They had a vote and decided to black out for the 48 hour protest. Once it was clear that the vote was in favor of blacking out (and that the championship deciding game could be played during the blackout), people started pleading to move the blackout to after the championship was decided, which completely defeats the purpose of the protest.

Well, during the blackout, the championship was decided. Now that it’s open again, everyone is again flipping out about how pointless the protests were, and how we ruined their experience of watching the championship game.

• yrnst@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Maybe I’m crazy, but I generally watch hockey because I like watching hockey. I feel like you might have a social media addiction if not being able to browse reddit ruins the experience. Crazy stuff.

• vividspecter@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah, I don’t mind checking into match threads now and then, but I don’t get the people that constantly monitor them, especially in the larger threads where you can barely discuss anything.

It reminds me of people that sit on their phones while watching a TV show/movie. Just defeats the point.