Hi. I’m wondering if there are any famous pc builders? Like maybe a YouTuber or something? I run a community center and would like to introduce PC building to the kids, but I personally know nothing about the subject. I would like to get someone in to host a workshop. If y’all have anyone in mind I can contact I’d greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

• DolphLundgren@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I don’t usually discuss business on something like Reddit but since Lemmy feels more natural, I’m willing to say that I have a tech consulting business (Not in Alabama) but we work with clients all over. You could have a consulting session with me if that was helpful, we could discuss the state of Building PCs, current social media trends and hosts to become familiar with, and a general approach to teaching kids these skills (which I have done many times over the years). DM me if you are interested.

But for some free guidance, YouTube will be a wealth of knowledge. There are many great hosts and channels that you can learn a lot from.

• Linus Tech Tips is excellent, but the content you’ll be looking for will be from a few years ago

• Gamers Nexus is super informative but will have a learning curve to understanding all the points he is making

• jay’s two cents used to be a wonderful channel but I haven’t seen much from him recently.

• Enigma@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thank you so much! I know YT is great, but trying to wade through all the noise for the good content is time consuming. So thank you for the suggestions, I will reach out if I require more assistance!