One of Reddit’s biggest communities is suggesting users move to Discord r/malefashionadvice, the biggest Reddit community still inaccessible in protest of Reddit’s new API pricing, is encouraging its users to congregate on Discord and view guides on Substack.

• Retro@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I didn’t know about Forum channels, thanks for the heads-up. Are they crawled by search engines, though? I feel like with people deleting their reddit posts and moving to discord, it’s already becoming a lot harder to find information online.

• Vlyn@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Considering you don’t find Discord server logs on Google I’d say: No.

Discord is its own thing.

Google results have been down the drain for years, the only reasonable results I found were by appending reddit or site:reddit.com. Now even that is gone :-/

• Salix@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Duckduckgo and Brave Search often shows Reddit results for me even without site:reddit.com. Though now because of how Lemmy works with all of these instances, we can’t easily use site: anymore. Hoping that search crawlers will be able to just index Lemmy/Kbin instances fine to pull the results in search engines in the future.