Anyone else get an email related to this? Seems like a huge invasion of privacy. Sorry if wrong Community.

• Meow.tar.gz@lemmy.goblackcat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think the idea is to kind of name and shame the ISPs into doing something to upgrade their shyte infrastructure. I don’t really know for sure though. I’ll say this: I have Verizon FiOS and it just sucks less than the others.

• manitcor@lemmy.intai.tech
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Fiber to the curb is amazing, and considering the languishing infra in many areas of the US Im not sure putting a box on my 1gbps link is going to tell much. The will likely screen us out anyway, we will mess with the data. MOST of the US does not have access to these speeds.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I have 300GiBs up and down. Even though it is the lowest cost tier at 49.95 a month, it’s still way more than I need. I could honestly get away with 100 up and down.

• manitcor@lemmy.intai.tech
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

90% of the time that is the case for me, then I go to work and need to push 8tb to a server somewhere. I have 1gbps so I can do work things and the family’s multiple 4k streams are not interrupted.

• Cold Hotman@nrsk.no
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

It’s usually unprocessed video or backups when it’s that size, I found out that the unlimited cloud I’m using is actually 10TB lol.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

So much for “unlimited” huh? Companies get away with too much and should not be allowed to use that word so willy-nilly. To my line of thinking that’s lying.