cross-posted from: https://kbin.social/m/movies/t/685880

Last November we had the opportunity to attend an exclusive twenty-minute screening of ‘Dune: Part II’, the highly anticipated second installment of the monumental adaptation of Frank Herbert’s science fiction classic that Denis Villeneuve is carrying out. Of course, it is early to give an opinion, but we can assure that there are reasons to think that This new installment could be even more stimulating than the first.

• jordanlund@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I just hope that when the 4K release is ready to go, they do a two movie set of the whole thing. Only reason I haven’t bought the first one yet.

• PopOfAfrica@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Dune was so boring I had to turn it off. I don’t really understand why people liked it.

• rbesfe@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

It’s mainly a spectacle and worldbuilding movie with a slower pace compared to most sci-fi, especially because it’s purpose is setting up part 2.

If you think the movie is boring you should see the books, and I say that as a fan of them

• spacecowboy@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

That’s okay. People have different tastes and interests so not being a fan (or understanding it) is to be expected for many.

• edric@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

When they did a similar preview for part 1, they opened it to general audiences on a first come first serve basis. I was able to catch it by registering and lining up early. I wish they did the same for this preview.