Can this feature/function be updated so that the read posts still show up on the feed? The way it worked in Apollo was that posts would show up and you could click the hide/eye button to manually hide them. If I refreshed the homepage the hidden posts would show yo again.

Not asking to remove the current behaviour but can this be added with a toggle? I miss being able to go back to previously read posts after there are new comments.

• naneek@lemmy.caOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Adding on to this. I believe in Apollo the button only hid the posts on the client side. So they weren’t marked as hidden in reddit.

• RustedSwitch@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Could you clarify further? What you describe sounds to me like you just need to toggle off “hide read posts” in your content settings.

Is there a reason doesn’t work for you? I didn’t knowingly depend on this use case in Apollo, so perhaps I’m missing something.

• naneek@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I have that toggled off, but then I can’t see the button to hide posts. There are two things happening here, one is posts are hidden automatically on the feed refresh, the second is the button.

I want to be able to use the button without hiding posts on the feed refresh. I also want any hidden posts to be hidden on clients side, not server side. So if I click the button posts that are read disappear from my feed. If I refresh my feed, they show up again. This is how Apollo worked for me