Hello everyone,

Follow up from a thread I opened a month ago (https://discuss.tchncs.de/post/6090857)

The main issue I see with creating Movie Discussion threads in this community is that there is no way to link them in a megathread, as post links depend on your instance, and there is no way to have a link that would work for everyone (except relying on add-ons such as Instance Helper, but that’s not idea). So for people to see them, you either need to have them pinned, cluttering the community, or you need to rely on people on finding them (e.g. adding a shortcut in the sidebar with a precreated search, however I don’t know if that would work on mobile clients, and visibility wouldn’t probably be the best).

One way to handle this would be to use another community dedicated to movie discussions threads, were only that type of content would be allowed.

There is currently !movies@lemm.ee that we do not currently use but that could fit that need.

What do you guys think?

• BlazeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

It’s interesting, because back on lemmy.film we had dedicated movie threads, and they initiated interesting discussions. They still exist on !movies@lemmy.world, and have some success, depending on the movie.

As always, it’s a “build it, and they will come”, but in this case, we haven’t built the place to discuss the movies yet.

BTW, you’re doing a great job as is.

Thanks