ChatGPT use declines as users complain about ‘dumber’ answers, and the reason might be AI’s biggest threat for the future::AI for the smart guy?

• TimewornTraveler@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

So how can we navigate ethical concerns that arise in society from open source AI? It seems what you’re advocating for is for no one to answer this question, but that doesn’t make the question go away.

• HandwovenConsensus@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

You say that as if the ethical concerns of AI kept tightly under control by a single organization aren’t infinitely greater. That is no solution at all to any ethical concerns arising from AI.

Competition and open source is how we navigate it. Ensuring that the power is shared, not monopolized by the few.

• TimewornTraveler@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

You say that as if the ethical concerns of AI kept tightly under control by a single organization aren’t infinitely greater.

It’s unfortunate that it came out that way, because that is not at all what I’m saying. I agree on the problem. Unfortunately, agreeing on problems is rarely enough. I don’t agree with what seems to be your proposed solution: to forget ethics entirely. Though maybe I’m misreading you too!

• HandwovenConsensus@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I apologize for misunderstanding you.

I guess it would help if we clarified what ethical issues specifically are we talking about? If you tell me what scenario you are concerned with trying to prevent, I will gladly share my thoughts on it.