• cody@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Visualization of the current situation. In fact, I don’t know if lemmy is more of a mouse or a rat, but it probably doesn’t matter.

• Unblended@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What is a visit over time? That sounds cumulative, but is it just the total visitors over 28 days divided by 28?

… honestly confused about how you can have one day spikes. edges are surprising enough, if you things go up by 5x and then go right back down I think there’s a bug in the code. Did the spike go away on June 2nd and get removed from the sum?

It doesn’t really matter, this isn’t a race and all the federated clients… federate… it’s just a strange graph.

• Shortcake@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Some significant growth for kbin recently. Let’s keep it going and open more instances for more users!

• Nepenthe@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

A pleasant surprise, too. Lemmy is massive, but kbin seems to be gaining anyway, despite being in its infancy and lacking an app. I wonder if it’s partially due to the fact signing up isn’t so daunting for beginners. That was what got me here, and I have to say I’m really glad I reconsidered my initial choices

• 1chemistdown@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

A Reddit mod that spearheaded Reddit migration first promoted Lemmy and then changed his promotion to kbin upon learning some questionable human rights issues with Lemmy. I’m only giving a synopsis of what they said and they had a large write up with links to a variety of sources that I did not look into. I’m just reporting what the mod spearheading this effort said.

• JasSmith@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

The Lemmy developer and Lemmy.ml owner, Dessalines, is a Marxist-Leninist who is banning anyone critical of China and Russia. I was banned because he denies the Xinjiang genocide is occurring and I questioned him. He’s been careful to remove any mention of his political views from the signup process. So my first discovery of the cult-like community he has cultivated was in a meta post where all the users were speaking about how amazing and democratic China is, and how the West is evil. I feel more people need to understand that they are fucking nutjobs in Lemmy.ml.

• Reality_Suit@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I literally found out about kbin 2 days ago from a post on reddit. I only found out about the fediverse 2 days ago actually.

• danielton@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I am on both, admittedly. Hard to say which one I prefer so far, but I really wish kbin had an iOS app. Lemmy has mlem, but I still have to use the site in a browser to do much of anything right now

• Ashyr@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

That’s what I did and, honestly, it’s a better use experience than Mlem. I started with Lemmy, but the amount of pro-China content floating around was off-putting.

My only concern with KBin is getting enough instances up to support the population.

• themadcodger@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

I’ve heard from a few that the documentation needs some clarification, so at the moment spinning up a new instance is tricky. Once that gets cleared up, I know there’s definitely interest out there for creating new kbin instances. Hopefully before the 30th and the next potential phase of Rexxit.

• smetana@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Is there a way to see how many posts / comments are posted on reddit as a plot? I remember seeing one where you can see the waves of that. I’m interested to see whether the blackout made a difference.

• TheSaneWriter@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Now that Kbin and Lemmy are federating again, the rising tide will lift all boats. It’s really exciting to see all of this growth.

• Pisodeuorrior@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I hope this won’t just fade away.

What I fear is that the big reddit subs will come online one after the other and prove right those who say “it’s just the latest pointless protest and it will pass”.

I don’t think it will happen, but I can’t deny I’m a bit afraid of it.

I’d rather see this grow tbh.