I mean don’t get me wrong, its cool a lot of subs have and still are participating in the blackout, but I think it wouldve been better to link a new home for the subreddits participating somewhere in the private message. Show spez, hey if you dont change, we aren’t going to use your site (or use it less).

• Eggyhead@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Let’s say…

• Reddit & API users negotiate a middle ground and 3rd party apps are allowed to stay: The community still loses.
    • Reddit buys one of the better third party apps and replaces/integrates it with the default app: We all know what will happen next.
    • Reddit does a full-stop 180, cancels all API changes, and apologizes: It’s only a matter of time until they try again.

Enshitification has infected Reddit. So to be perfectly honest, I don’t really care how the blackout is going because no matter how it turns out, I don’t think I really want to be there to watch it continue its deterioration.

• Big Duck Energy@partizle.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I deleted all my past content and deleted the accounts. Tbh, I’m pretty disappointed in the very verbal dick riders who refused to join rhe protest. The whole attitude from those who remained of “I got mine so fuck everybody else” leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Its at the core of so many problems across society. Maybe this is just a fast way of filtering out a whole ton of garbage users at once, by leaving them behind.