Competition is great

• Mustafa Albazy@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

They want to keep the top content creators from considering threads. Threads is a real threat to twitter specially with all the issues around twitter atm.

• 0x4E4F@lemmy.fmhy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Can’t believe people are signing up left and right to Threads… do they even know it’s a data harvesting farm?

• Hazzia
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Probably, but even though the culture around privacy has been growing as of late, unfortunately most people still just accept it as an aspect of digital life. ESPECIALLY influencers, who mostly get popular from giving away more info about themselves freely online than would be recommended. They care mostly about reaching as many people as easily as possible, so even though Threads is just sketchy mastodon, since more people know Facebook, they’ll gravitate towards that. Then, of course, people follow their favorites onto whatever chosen platform, which will in-turn draw more influencers, and you have yourself a self-sustaining data farm.

• 0x4E4F@lemmy.fmhy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

The need for self-masturbation (circlejerk) runs strong in people. “Wow, look at my cool new lips/ass/boobs/ink.”. Yep, all things that we as a human race should be really proud of 😒.

I wish I lived on another planet, this one never really felt like home anyway.