I’ve been working for the past week on a new kbin app. At the moment, it’s just a prototype and only the “Feed” view has content (you can’t sign into an account or post anything yet); you can see threads, thread images, thread comments, thread links, and thread votes/boosts. You can also change the “Theme Mode” and “Instance Host” in the settings.

Here’s a link to the source code (contributions welcome for those that know flutter): github.com/jwr1/interstellar.
For testers, here’s the link to the latest working build: github.com/jwr1/interstellar/releases (AppImage and APK).

Feel free to post any bugs or suggestions in the comments, on GitHub, or on the Interstellar magazine.

Again, this is just a prototype. If someone else is working on a better kbin app, I might just use that instead.

• Teppic@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Ernest will no doubt correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he’s also said he’d prefer to leave aps to those for whome it is a core strength.
      I think he knows it’s something the community would like, so I think the post you link above was in reaction to Artimis unfortunately going offline and the App (for now) dieing with it (since nobody seems able to contact the developer). I suspect it’s something Ernest will progress ‘in his free time’ if no other apps which live up to his ambitions are developed first!

• DarkThoughts@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I think he said even further back that he wanted to eventually come back to it but I also certainly did not wanted to discourage OP from working on his own one, especially an open source one that could get picked up by someone else if needed. I think the more apps we got, the better. And hopefully some of the Lemmy exclusive apps will support kbin too after the full API release.

• ernest@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          7 months ago

My priority is definitely the development of kbin-core, especially now that work on the app has started. For now, I prefer to focus my attention on adapting the API to the latest features. It may turn out to be necessary sooner than expected ;)