Comcast blasted for seeking “loopholes” in rule requiring disclosure of all fees.

• djmarcone@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I do IT for a local government office, and they went with comcast years ago. 3 different internets, phones, and TVs. It was mostly ok, but seemed like whenever it rained or got windy the internet would go out. Super convenient, considering they are first responders.

This office also, due to being the government and so on, has multiple comcast invoices, and after all these years doesn’t know WHICH invoice correlates to WHICH service.

Of course they called, and wouldn’t you know, comcast not only has no idea which invoice goes where, actually REFUSES to provide any assistance with straightening things out.

Good thing this office is getting rid of the comcast and going with a local fiber provider.

• princessofcute@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

“Being honest is too hard” What a joke of a company, we really need more competition in the ISP space. Comcast has had a near Monopoly on the space for far too long

• Syo@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What a joke of a company that Comcast. How is this “can’t tell you what we’re billing” carp even legal?

In my search to ditch them, i found out Ting is offering fiber internet now to selected cities. Flat rate, no other “monthly” charges magically appearing. Link if you are lucky to shop for it https://ting.com/internet