I kimd of am, why are so many relationships in media strsight? We need more lgbt representation

This is dumb and I’m probably getting offended for no reason but here’s a small experience I dealt with recently

So like 30 minutes ago my grandmother wanted me to smile so she told me to think of a pretty girl and while I didn’t react at all my first thought was literally “why not pretty boys” Its silly I know.

I’m not out but I literally couldn’t be leaving anymore hints that I’m bi. Its funny how nobody noticed yet

• flora_explora@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Not sure how you meant it, I kind of feel weird about your comment though. How do you get to 95% vs 5%? What about e.g. the Kinsey scale?

What feels totally weird about your comment to me, and actually outright offends me, is that the queer people need their 5% space and then we can get on with the normal life. But to me, being queer is about breaking out of oppressive norms and heteronormativity is such an oppressive norm. I don’t want to have to live with it. It not does all us queer people harm, it’s bad for everyone. You cannot image how I cringe seeing how straight cis people act, it’s just terrible. So no, 5% is not enough, I want everyone (!) to be free of norms and free what they want to do. And the view that being straight is a default, just like being male, cis, white, able-bodied, etc also has to go. That is just not reality and it does so much damage.