I’m transitioning to Bitwarden having been using a hodgepodge of Firefox and Google password management. I’m gradually trying to de-google anyway and I’ve got a bit frustrated with the Firefox Android password manager (fine on desktop, often doesn’t offer to generate passwords on mobile).

Do people have any tips for how to get the most out of Bitwarden on Android? I’ve done these things:

• Switched the main Auto-fill setting over (and enabled auto-fill in Bitwarden)
  • Disabled Firefox’s password management
  • Turned off “Offer to save passwords” and “auto sign-in” in Google Password Manager
  • Turned off Privacy->Use auto-fill with Google

Is there anything else I should do? Is there a Bitwarden equivalent to everything you could do with the Google services? E.g. some apps said “Google Smart Lock” and they don’t appear to do anything now.

• calhoon2005@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I’ve found one of the best things I did was to enable biometric sign in. Sometimes the auto fill option doesn’t come up, and having the app accessible and with a very quick sign in helps tremendously. I also try to add a key word for sites as well, as it’s quicker to search sometimes. Oh, and changed to a passphrase, because they’re cooler

• Resolved3874@lemdro.id
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Assuming you mean that Bitwarden doesn’t always show up when you go to type in a user name or password then in my experience that is just a thing with Bitwarden. It is frustrating though. I’ve found that sometimes closing the app out my recent apps and reopening will get it to pop up or just give it a few seconds it will will show up as well. I haven’t noticed it happening in a whole lot of apps though.

As far as google smart lock I really only remember seeing that with Netflix and Bitwarden seems to play fine with my Netflix app.

• ijeff@lemdro.idM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Enabling the accessibility mode does help ensure Bitwarden pops up. I wish the built in Autofill were more robust like on iOS though.

• Resolved3874@lemdro.id
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yeah that would be spectacular. My work phone is iOS and I don’t think I’ve ever had it not work on that 😂 still greatly prefer my Pixel 7 Pro though.

• danielfgom@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

No offence to Bitwarden, I used them for a year, but it’s pretty bare bones.

I use 1Password which is a much better, feature rich manager. And it works on all devices including Linux.

• tau
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

deleted by creator

• danielfgom@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Nothing wrong with it but it only lets you save passwords.

1Password let’s you save Passports, ID, Various bank cards, Software licences, notes, attach documents, WiFi passwords, crypto wallet, SSH keys, and way more.