Hello everyone!

I’m looking to set up Active Directory at home along with RHEL IDM, but I only have one available Dell R710 for this purpose. My plan is to install XCP-NG on the Dell R710, accompanied by a small VM running Xen Orchestra Community Edition for management. Additionally, I intend to create two main VMs: one with Windows Server for Active Directory and a second one with Linux running RHEL IDM.

My primary concern revolves around the CPU and whether it will be sufficient to run this setup. The Windows Server will also serve as the DHCP and DNS server for my network, which includes multiple VLANs.

• kylian0087@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Didnt know these services where that light. So running the domain controller and rhel IDM controller in a VM on the R710 is fine then. I can probably even run a few other things on the system as well then. Thanks for your input!

• Moonrise2473@feddit.it
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

not sure about rhel idm, never personally tried, but for my home (3 users at most) for AD i’m using win server core in a vm with just 1 assigned core and just 1 gb ram, no issues with dns

before i was using samba 4 and it was even more lightweight