It supports both links and embeds and is available on firefox for android. List of sites is on github. I’m the main developer so you can ask questions.

• sabreW4K3@lemmy.tf
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Nice. What are the benefits over LibRedirect?

Does PreDirect also have instance discovery built in along with the ability to ping services?

• libreom@lemmings.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Libredirect is a manifest v2 extension (can’t be published on chrome store) and has permissions for all_urls, predirect is a manifest v3 extension and only has permissions for necessary domains

• sabreW4K3@lemmy.tf
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

So basically tighter permissions and using newer APIs. As for the Chrome stuff, as a Firefox user posting in a Firefox community, it’s of little consequence to me. But I look forward to trying out this extension.

Edit: Tried it and it kinda falls over at the first hurdle. I installed it and then tried to follow links to Tiktok and Instagram only to end up on the official sites.

Also the UI is kinda unstyled. It feels like when you first learn Java.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

There is an onboarding step for permissions in firefox version(due to more restrictions in manifest v3 than even chrome),so you need to grant permissions, unstyled UI is intended but I will add style with a minimal ui css framework in near future

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                7 months ago

This permission doesn’t mean I can access your data for every site, this is an advantage of manifest v3

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

Firefox is stricter than chrome in manifest v3 that it provides no way to request host permissions at install time, there is a onboarding page after installation of addon where you can grant permissions to hosts