Jinks! r/Philippines is still closed!

“The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." — Winston Churchill

Mobile apps:

Reminders:

• Report inappropriate comments and violators.
  • Your post not showing? Message the moderation team for assistance.
  • moshiyadafne@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Is it politically weird that I support and follow the Miss Supranational pageant more than some of the major pageants like Miss World and Miss International only because they are the only pageant organization who took a stand against Russia (while others didn’t I’m looking at you, Miss Gr*nd).

• bigbadwolf@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Shopee’s return policy is very inconvenient. Why do I have to personally bring the item to a J&T branch when in fact it’s your seller who sent me a defective item?

Lazada, in contrast, will ask a rider to pickup the item from your house provided that it’s packed properly.

Ah, Shopee, you’re again disappointing me.

• inthemiddle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

lumakas ung tunog ng mga naglalato=lato nung lumindol, eto na ba bagong seismograph naten hahahuhu pero jk sana safe ang lahat!

• knr1651727106@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yung hotspot yung tapat ng bahay nyo ng lato lato contests ng mga neighborhood chikitings.

TAKA TAKA TAKA TAKA TAKA TAKA TAKA TAKA

• Soxxx@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It starts with…

ONE THING

I don’t know why

Bakit mo ako laging dinedeny.

• Keyboard@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

What would actually make me move to another country to live there isn’t more about for job seeking and because our own country is becoming shit. It would be because I want to stay away from possible natural disasters here given that the Philippines has frequent earthquake and volcanic eruptions.

I love my country no matter what happens. But damn nature, you scary!

• Cony@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I think you need to select safer places to live in the Philippines, if that is what you’re worrying about. Like check faultlines and hazard maps before buying a property in NCR. People-made disaster na lang iisipin mo, nyahaha. Palawan generally safer from earthquakes naman. Rare din ang typhoons dati, pero lately padami na.

• toshi04@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Bruh akala ko nahihilo lang ako umaalog pala talaga yung office chair na inuupuan ko

• stupperr@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Di ko rin pala na-backup mga saved jokes at ibang nuggets of wisdom ni redkinoko. Tulad nung nagreply siya dun sa frustrated na makahanap ng career dahil 30+ na siya:

“Hitler didn’t start his career in politics until his thirties. Sometimes destiny takes a while to manifest. Cheer up.”

“Stalin did not start holding office until he was 34. Prior to that he was kicked out of school, arrested, and drifted from job to job.

The late bloomers tend to do the most because they feel they have lots of catching up to do.”

• clintoy23@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Don’t you guys feel proud that we belong to the pioneer batch of lemmy users? It’s like those classic reddit accounts who had a join date of 2015 or earlier. Sarap sa feeling na nauna tayo sa lemmy.