• CyPhD@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

It’s such a goddamn shame that he’s now some sort of Alt-Right icon in their quest for “free speech” cause I’ll admit that I used to look up to this fuckin guy.

Take us back a few years, before COVID, and when SpaceX was doing their cool shit - I was fucking pumped about the guy. He was pushing forward in the realm of space exploration and I was absolutely fucking jazzed about it! Or at least that was the appearance; I know that SpaceX has a different company structure to Tesla where Musk can’t interfere as much.

Fast forward to now and I gotta ask: dafuq happened?

But I know what happened - he really was always kinda like this. It’s just that now - it’s going to be a really big damn financial mistake for him and good riddance. He’s definitely not some scientific genius - he’s just some emerald mine legacy that wanted to throw money at that sort of image.

• Eldritch@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

You don’t get that sort of money and power by being a good person. The signs were always there for us to see. But so many people were complicit in the whitewashing.

Elon, as a monster. Was born into white supremacist apartheid south Africa. But even among privileged sheltered white children there. He was privileged far beyond. Attending only the better more exclusive private schools. And while his father and their family love to dance around the fact whether or not he had dealings in or was complicit in all the apartheid. Who are we kidding of course he was complicit and dealt in apartheid. Again you don’t get wealthy by being a good person.

If you look into everything Elon has done at every company he’s been involved with. He’s just the money. Paypal, SpaceX, Tesla. He’s contributed nothing of value beyond the money and privilege he was born into. Failing in and ever upward trajectory to this point. Literally at Tesla the one thing he contributed that wasn’t money or his name, was a proprietary charger plug design that he pushed. In hopes of licensing it out to other companies. In a world where those companies had those same funds but No Elon existing. Things would have played out nearly identically. Elon was never any sort of Tony Stark normal should we want a Tony Stark.

Special fun fact. Elon’s current stepmother is also his younger step sister. Now in the interest of full disclosure no there is no incest involved there. Just grooming and pedophilia. That’s right every time someone makes a tweet about pedophilia etc to have Elon Musk commenting “concerning” . It is mearly a Freudian totem to his father. Basically the equivalent of Elon saying “papa?”. Elon claims distance and estrangement with his father. Yet emulates him deeply in his sexuality and behavior. Whether or not the two actually are estranged or if this is just yet another lie upon all the other lines that Elon has told. It should be very disquieting and concerning.