I have no idea how this place works or how this will show up. Every post I saw only had one pic posted. And I posted them in the body and not the URL link not sure if thats right or not. I guess I’ll find out!

Anyways i wanted an FWAA with warm, neutral, and cool and figured why bother with 6000K XP-P when I can just put W1s in it.

I thought it would easily outthrow my XP-P FWAAs but that’s not the case. 4000K XP-P actually throws farther than W1. 8600kcd to 7600kcd. It actually throws the same as the 3000K XP-P. Too bad you can’t drive these XP-Ps more. Still a fun mod.

Ok hope someone finds this mildly interesting. Thanks for checking out my first post.

Does this thing have an app? Logging on each time is going to be annoying. Hopefully r/flashlight gets back to its glory someday.

• djeucalyptus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

More than mildly interesting! I remember a past xp-p fwaa post, and I still need to give it a shot. I picked up a sc64c w/ 3000k XP-P and love it… I really need to give the fwaa swap a shot!

• bunglesnacks@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Oh it’s turned my FWAAs into legit EDC lights. I always carried my XPLHI FWAA and it’s still great compared to any stock offering. But putting some XP-Ps in there killed my use of it. I always carried my FWAA and usually another more throwy light - usually my SC64w HI. I don’t really need to carry another light with the XP-P. Though I do wish they made some 80 or 90CRI 4500K or 5000K then I’d definitely be good. The 4000K is a warm 4000K can’t really tell in the pics but it measures 3600K and has a peachy color to it. The 3000K is really nice.