https://piped.video/watch?v=V-yO1DcdUFQ

I’m one of those who work 5 days a week to earn a living. We have our vacation days to enjoy whatever we want to do in life, but we still need to go back to work because people like me will struggle in life if we lose our job.

So I’m curious how some people like the guy in the video can travel around the world for almost a year without working. There are also other vloggers out there who left home to go on a travel and they are still young. Do they already have savings enough to support until they retire?

• Cheers@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I traveled for a year with a group of 50 remote workers. By the end of the year, we had about 25 remote workers and 25 people running off their savings accounts. Two big things.

1. Life abroad can be relatively cheap, we were able to get housing, office space, and air travel for under $2k a month, which is cheaper than I was paying for my apt in the US.

2. When you live in a different time zone like in Europe, but work US hours, you get those extra hours to do fun stuff. I typically started work around 4pm and worked until 12am, meaning I could wake up late, go take a 1 hour walking tour of the city, try out some of the restaurants and still be back for my morning meeting.

This also means that evening exhaustion only applies to your work rather than your fun and no one ever says they wished they had worked harder on their death bed…