• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

There’s a benefit to having communities for all and communities focused on the different groups, may it be specific genders, ethnic groups, generations, socio economic backgrounds and so on… The support people need might be similar in some cases, it can also be very specific to who they are in other situations…

• Lamy@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m on the fence about that. The internet seems so fractured, hateful, extremist and identity based, that it seems like leaning into an identity group is going to create the problems it looks to solve, in this case toxic masculinity.

Irl is a different story though.

• Lamy@lemmy.fmhy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m on the fence about that. The internet seems so fractured, hateful, extremist and identity based, that it seems like leaning into an identity group is going to create the problems it looks to solve, in this case toxic masculinity.

Irl is a different story though.

• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I didn’t mention it in that comment but mentioned it in another, it would need to be tightly moderated to work, so does any similar community though.

• Lamy@lemmy.fmhy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Yeah, I suppose if it’s really focused on positivity and support then it couldn’t be bad