Hey, German here. What the f*** are Americans doing at the other side of the Atlantic? Some of you already know this monstrosity. I did’nt. This is a Ford F650 Truck and when I stepped out of my Youtube Bubble I realized, it was marketed as the “biggest, baddest Truck on the road” for the everyday American. Are you guys serious?! Is the end goal really to drive a Monster Truck to McDs to get a McFlurry? Americas bloodiest wars have been fought in the middle east to secure oil, bombing nations to rubble. And all, for this bullshit? The excess, waste and decadence is mind boggling to me and people on Reddit seriously justifying this by “you know dude I’m 6,4ft. I don’t fit in any other vehicle” makes me go up the wall.

• LemmyKnowsBest@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

I’ve never seen a “Ford F650” either. I live in California and most vehicles are small and nimble, including a lot of Teslas lately. Ten years ago a lot of Priuses.

• Pipoca@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Hell - my next-door neighbors have horses in their backyards and so do three houses directly across the street, and I’ve never seen one of these. Everyone has 150s or 250s.

• Someology@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

You probably have-at construction sites or something, with giant beds meant for towing huge digging equipment, and so never noticed them at all.

• n2burns@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

You almost certainly have seen a F650, you just probably didn’t recognize it because Ford only sells them incomplete (without the bed) and they are highly customized to fit their purpose. Commonly they are dump trucks, bucket trucks, heavy wreckers (tow trucks for transports), box trucks, etc. Here’s some good pictures of what they can be used for.

• frezik@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I’ve seen maybe three of them, and one was at the Chicago Auto Show.

Most people in the market for a truck like this go for the dedicated commercial manufacturers, like Mack or International.

• skyspydude1@pawb.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I usually see the F-450/550/650 tow trucks and the sort. I’ve also seen some fire departments with them for some specialty type vehicles.